Friday, September 28, 2007

Section Votes for Cowhead! See bottom of page...

Turnout for our first ever poll has been exceptional, with a massive 11 people voting so far. It seems the rugby section thinks Cowhead is the perfect name for Stobart. An attempt by Millsy and the Wales Tour crowd to introduce Stingbart (the big man claimed a 'stinger' injury in Wales) has met with a muted response. Only two days of voting to go before the big announcement.

Hope everyone who is playing rugby tomorrow will take themselves home, have a well-balanced meal and tuck themselves up with a nice cup of cocoa early doors. After rather stupdily deciding to play last weekend about three hours after having some stitches out of my eye and suffering the inevitable consequences, I am out of the equation for tomorrow. The silver lining to this grey and gloomy cloud is that I can pack the girlfriend off home at about midnight, get a few beers in and then settle in for England v Tonga. Unfortunately, I will probably be so p*ssed by the time it starts that I won't be able to make out much more than a blur of different colours on a green background. But watching it live is important, you know.

Actually, maybe I had bettter not watch it. I saw the sh*tty USA match and that close encounter against the Boks, but missed the Samoa game and we actually played alright....I think the players can't stand the pressure when Ashton comes into the changing room before the match and says: "Pull out the stops lads, Harper's gone into a pub in Hong Kong to watch the game."

No comments: