Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hello, Neih-hau, Bienvenue, Wilkommen - It Starts Here






The Library, HKFC
15:30, 22 Sepetmber 2006

Welcome to the new OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED website (blog, whatever) for the HKFC rugby section. I personally guarantee that this will be updated more often than once every three years and that it will contain as many match reports as I can write, as many photos as I can lay my sweaty hands on and some fixtures and league tables etc (or at the very least links to them). All of you are of course welcome to add your ramblings (incisive views that is), pictures (preferably of rugby) and reports.

What faces us today? Well, it's Club v Singapore CC here at Fortress Football Club and the Valley 15s at King's Park. Looks like a warm one outside too. If anyone fancies escaping from the sun and having a wee snooze at KP, there's a lovely spot underneath the grandstand on the far side that I can recommend. Most importantly, the season is getting underway at last and we all have something to do 0n Saturday again.

So what's new this year?
Tony George is Club Captain apparently. Bouch has DVT and is not drinking. There was a club tour to Wales (report required Cowhead). We are hugely motivated to win every division. There's a world cup going on. There are bigger TVs in the Sportsmans and a new menu. We have some new players (of which more to follow when I find out who they are)

That's nice. So what's happening in the near future?
Well it will be England v Samoa this evening. Let's hope the English underdogs can show them a thing or too and get through to a nice easy QF against Australia...

More importantly, it is the Captain's Dinner next Saturday and the Walton Brunch the following Sunday. More details to follow.


That's all for now chaps. I have to go answer a call of nature bnefore attending Q's team talk in the stands. It's been a pleasure. Stand by for more cr*p from me tomorrow....






Before I leave, I thought I would share these pictures of the World Cup holders' finest moment with you. Will this website be unashamedly, blindly, obsessively pro-English? Let me tell you, it would be almost as if Bouch wrote it himself.






Harps






No comments: