Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meet the Girls #4 - Emma Holland



Ice and Hong Kong fly-half Emma Holland offers her opinions on the redundancy of referees and, well, her favourite men. Curiously she does not mention 'Heart Throb' Rob Toresco. Surely an oversight on her part? AH


Name: Emma Holland
Age: 28
Occupation: Lady of Leisure by day, full-time student by night - unless anyone is looking to hire an engineer?
Nationality: British
Rugby position: Fly-half
Previous rugby clubs: Pennsylvania State University Rugby Team
Favourite things about HKFC rugby: My teammates!
One thing you would change/introduce: more women playing rugby - don't they know what they're missing out on?
Most embarrassing rugby experience: Well, my most recent one would've been at the Asian World Cup Qualifiers. We'd just run out for the first game, Hong Kong were due to kick off, the adrenaline is rushing and the girls are all fired up and raring to go. Both teams are ready, so I take the kick off and one of my teammates lines up an amazing dump tackle on the receiver and drives her back a mile. Suddenly horns and whistles alike start blaring. Apparently you need a referee ON the pitch to start the game... Damn, well, I thought I'd try!
Meat or Veggies? Can't I have both?
Beer or Cocktails? Cocktails. Anything with vodka would suit me just fine
Mint/Prive/Drop or Devils/Mes Amis/Dusk Til Dawn? Surely all of the above? Although there are no guarantees I'll remember any of it by the end of the evening.
Gerard Butler or Orlando Bloom? Neither! I'm thinking Daniel Craig, Matthew McConaughey... I could go on
Cosmopolitan or Erica Jong? I'd take Cosmo any day

No comments: