Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Meet the Girls #2 - Kim Kan


















Above: Kim in international action
















Above: On the charge for Ice with trail of opponents in her wake


Name: Kim K. K. Kan (yes, there are alot of Ks in my name)
Age: 27
Occupation: Business Development Executive
Nationality: Chinese/Canadian (or Canasian for short)
Rugby position: Front row (mainly Loose-head), Number 8 and wing on very special occasions (Nigel Hobler is my role model)
Previous rugby clubs: Cornell Women's Rugby Football Club
Favourite things about HKFC rugby: The fact we have a bar within 100m of the pitch, the banter from PT McGee, and the pool of course! [Editor's note: The Sportsman's is much closer. I have researched this.]
One thing you would change/introduce: Spectator attendance to the Ice games!
Most embarrassing rugby experience: The first year I moved back to Hong Kong, I played in the Country of Origin tournament for the "Rest of the World Team" in an exhibition 7s match. I was apparently either really speedy or the opposition was really slow because I managed to score three tries by beating the wingers every time in the first hall. I went for another run up the sideline and was at the try line when I managed to trip over my own feet and knocked the ball forward without anyone else being within 10 meters. Most embarrassingly, there was a collective "Ohhhhhh...." from the full Aberdeen Stadium!
Meat or Veggies? Give me a hunk of bloody meat any day!
Beer or Cocktails? I am a mojito and capirinha fiend, but G&T is my staple.
Mint/Prive/Drop or Devils/Mes Amis/Dusk Til Dawn? I believe a good night out involves all those places plus Solas!
Gerard Butler or Orlando Bloom? Haven't you seen 300? Those abs.....
Cosmopolitan or Erica Jong? Poolside - Cosmopolitan. Otherwise, I prefer interesting reads - Tolkien and Frank Herbert are on the top of my list.

No comments: